Monday, March 21, 2005

Update From Duane.

So I asked Duane to send me an update and some photos of whats going on since everyone is interested so I will include that below, as you will see in the photos he has ALOT of hair, he said when he left he was gonna try and grow it out as long as he could before they told him to cut it, but he said it got too hot so he shaved it a few weeks ago...so he is once again "MR. Clean"...ha!
I also received an e-mail from him a little over a week ago saying they made it to the gulf, so please do keep him and all of them in your prayers, thank you.
Here is what he wrote:
"Since we left in Feb 1st, I've flown about 50 hours and gotten about 20 traps. Nothing major as we've made 2 port calls, Guam and Singapore, but it's all relative. I can't really go into much more detail than that, but I did just earn my squadron Tactical Lead qual, meaning I can lead a section (2) of Vikings on a mission and I can fly with the newest pilots in the squadron. The next step is the mission commander qualification which is an Airwing Qual (I can lead a mission that includes all the different planes in the wing), and the highest tactical qual you can get in the S-3 without going to our weapons school. I'm currently the only level three NFO in the squadron, everyone else is either a mission commander or the next level below me. To put this in perspective, there are only 2 NFOs that are the same rank as me that are mission commanders. Thats about all I can share here, thanks everyone for your daily prayers, we need them!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home