Sunday, April 24, 2005

Update

I know, I know, Its been awhile since I have posted anything but there has been ALOT going on since I have moved out to Texas over a month ago...When we got here Trei got sick almost immediately, he had a fever for 5 days and wasn't eating and wasn't his normal happy self..I took him to the Doc and they said that he had a ruptured eardrum in his left ear (which he got from the flight out here) and an ear infection in the other which explains him not feeling well..They gave him 2 Antibiotic shots in his legs and sent me home with antibiotics to give him for the next few days..after the shots he seemed much happier and better for a week or so. Then I noticed he was tugging on his ears so I took him back to the Doc and he said that his Left eardrum was completly better but that he still had an ear infection and perscribed him another dose of Antibiotics...Finally after having him take those for 10 days I took him back once again to the Doctor who told me that his left ear still had a slight ear infection, no need for tubes and his hearing was perfect but wanted me to put him on yet another antibiotic...I have to say I am disullusioned with antibiotics, seems like its the FIRST thing the Doctor suggest giving even though they are apparently NOT working and only tearing down his immune system so now I am going the "Natural route" I picked up some Ear drops from the health food store that mothers swear by...so I guess we shall see this coming Thursday when he goes for his checkup..HOPEFULLY his ear will be better for his sake..All that to say it has been a busy, busy month..
Other then that we have been doing real well, Trei has been having a blast with all his cousins, they are a great source of entertainment for him. Its warming up out here as well, not quite Summer yet but definently heating up...Hopefully the pool will warm up as well so we can take the kiddos swimming.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son had reoccuring ear infection after ear infection,which I swear has everything to do with antibiotics AND the fact that he was allergic to milk. We came this close to getting tubes put in, and then I took milk out of his diet and violla! I believe the antibiotics also broke down his immune system which many people believe has alot to do with the healthy bacteria in the gut. I found it helpful to get some acidopholis or children's probiotics to help build up the good bacteria again which I suspect was another reason we finally beat the ear infections. I do believe antibiotics have their time and place but you have to break the cycle somewhere. Best of luck to Trei, I hope he feels better now. ;)

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Duane and Danni said...

Yes well Trei is lactose intolerant, we found that out when he was 6 weeks old so he hasn't touched milk since...I agree with you on the antibiotics, I have to say I was soooo worried about his ears that I did what they said but after the 2nd time around and him not eating I realized I needed to do something else..thanks for the tip on the Acidophilus, I think I will get some at the "Health Food" store to go along with the plain yogurt we are feeding him. Thanks again for your advice!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home