Sunday, August 14, 2005

Pool Time In Palm Springs

Well here are some photos of us enjoying the pool in Palm Springs, it was SOOO HOT there, the 2 weeks we were there it was in the 100's to 114F a few days...Thankfully it was dry heat, but let me tell you we had to be at the pool early before noon or it would just be too much to bear...we would wake up when Trei got up (which is early 6a.m.) have breakfast read some books to him and then we were out at the pool by 9a.m. for a couple of hours...it was alot of fun as one of the resorts we stayed at had a slide for kids which you will see in the photos and the other resort had a Kiddy pool which Trei just loved as it was about 1 feet deep so he was able to crawl and walk around in it and he loved it! Speaking of the heat, one of the days we were there I got Heat exhaustion....I had worked out that morning and then went out to the pool and I Guess I hadn't drunk enough water that morning cause I started getting a headache and I just brushed it off thinking I must be tired of something, but it only got worse and within 15 minutes I called Duane over and said "honey I don't feel good at all I feel faint, nauseous, and have a migraine". Duane took me inside and told me to drink a ton of water, I couldn't bare the thought of drinking water or eating anything as I felt soo sick...I laid down and tried to sleep but my head was killin' me, I couldn't even think, Duane also kept coming in the room and making me drink more water and eat some watermelon which I am sure helped (Thanks for taking care of me Hun)...thankfully after a few hours I felt a little better and it finally hit me that I had heat exhaustion...It was funny cause I had just watched something on the news about it the day before about kids and keeping them hydrated so they don't get heat stroke...but it happend to me...oh well lesson learned...all that to say it was HOT THERE and from now on I drink a TON OF WATER when outside...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home