Friday, August 19, 2005

STUNG!!!!!

So today I decided to take Trei to the Pool here on base as it was another HOT and Humid day here in Pensacola, I get there only to discover that as of today they have new pool hours and they are closed Friday, no biggie I decided since we are in our swim attire I may as well go down to the Beach Access on base so Trei can swim and run around for a bit...We get to the beach and the sand is as always White and the water is clear blue and warm so I take Trei in to go swimming...he is enjoying himself as am, although I have to say that I am praying the whole time that we don't get bit by sharks, sure I know, we were only in waist deep and "Techincally" Sharks don't swim in that shallow water, but with all the stories in the papers these days of shark bites in Florida, one never knows....So we are enjoying swimming when all of a sudden I feel something touch my knee and then pull away which was followed by a Strong Stinging pain and my knee just started hurting bad...I looked down to see it was a big jelly-fish so I made a quick dash to shore...My leg was shaking, my knee swoll up a bit and it stung BADDDD, still does...I Decided that was enough of swimming at the beach for me for one day...As in pain as I was at the time (3 hours ago) and am now I am just SO THANKFUL that it wasn't Trei who got stung...He could have as I was holding him in front of me and his body was near my knees...A miracle I tell ya...It left a 4inch red puffy mark on my left knee...All that to say I think I will lay on the beach from now on but will swim in a pool for the rest of the time I am in Pensacola...
Oh yes one last thing the lifeguards saw what happend and said it was odd then they went in the water and said "Whoa there are alot of jelly fish in the water today and they are huge"..so I warned all the parents with kids to stay out of the water!!! Its not worth it!

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. Bet for a split second there you were thinking it was a shark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home