Monday, November 14, 2005

Unusual Traffic

So today I was bound for a normal grocery day at the Commisary on base or so I thot, I left the house at 8:30a.m. as usually traffic has subsided, anyhow when I got to the 805N it was completly stopped, I figured there must have been a bad accident or something so I proceeded to move in and out of traffic going 5 miles an hour for 30 minutes to get to the exit that was 2 miles from our house...Finally I see 4-5 Border Patrol Cars and Highway Patrols officers pulled over on the side of the freeway with a Semi Truck as I got closer I noticed the back of the Semi was open and to my surprise (I am sure their's too), it was packed with Mexicans. The Officers had surrounded the truck and were talking to the driver..from what I gathered from all of that, it was a Truck of Illegal Immigrants that got into the States a few minutes earlier and someone tipped the Highway Patrol off and they got pulled over..I assume they all went back from whenst they came, but I have to say it wasn't a normal site, I have seen that in the movies but it was funny to see it in person! All that to say it explains why the traffic was stopped as usual everyone has to stop and see whats going on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home