Monday, August 13, 2007

Did you see it?

Last nite was supposed to be "THE NIGHT" for Meteor showers...they said the best place to see them is somewhere away from city lights, like the country or in other words, Hanford, away from all the cities, civilization and all. Last night at 11p.m. I went outside and looked up in the sky for quite sometime and well, I saw stars, lots of them but none of them were shooting stars or even doing anything different then the normal thing stars do. They are always clear here since there are no lights around so I thought for sure if anyone would see the display it would be us. I even got up at different times throughout the night and didn't see anything. In fact it was odd, one time at 4a.m. when I looked up there were no stars at all, perhaps it was overcast??? Weird for Hanford, cause if there is 1 thing we have got going for us besides the smell of "fresh country air, (aka. Cow manure) its clear starry nites! Did anyone else see it?

2 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I saw one while driving home and I didn't even know I was supposed to be looking for them.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Duane and Danni said...

Go figure those who aren't looking see it and here I am peeling my eyes to see anything different from the norm, and zip, nada, nothing! Cool Mike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home