Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Recent Tragedy

First of all I want to express my condolences to the families and loved ones who lost their Daddies, Husbands and Sons aboard the 2 Marine F-18 Jets. My deepest prayers and concern go out to all of you during this tough time.

I am sure many of you heard of the recent tragedy that occured less then 36 hours ago--2 Marine F-18 Jets from the USS Carl Vinson had a Mid-air Collision of which neither of the two Pilots survived. Upon hearing the news myself thru a friend I thot perhaps Duane had been in one of the Jets that collided as the event had just happend and the "Media" had not reported what type of aircraft it was. I was at a loss for words, my stomach was in Knots and all I could do was cry and pray, not only for Duane but for all the Guys on the USS CARL VINSON...Its a feeling I can't describe when you are unsure if your loved one was among the tragedy. While I found out a few hours later that it wasn't Duane aboard the Jets, I was relieved to a certain extent, but still feel deep sorrow and pain for those who lost their loved ones...Its like losing a loved one myself. The military is a "Small World" its like family, we all know personally or know of those involved in the tragedy. Speaking from a "Military Wife's" Perspective when the Men are deployed us Women Stick together and go thru the Tough days together as well as share the joyous occasions too (Birthday Parties with our kids, Homecomings etc..) we are all friends and feel like one big family. This tragedy affected ALL OF US in some way or other and made me personally realize that life is short, and put life into perspective for me.
My thoughts, prayers, love and concern extend to all of our husbands and boyfriends and the entire USS Carl Vinson. I would like to ask that each of you say a prayer for the Families of those involved in this tragedy, and like to ask for your continued prayer for the safety and protection for all those that are still aboard the USS CARL VINSON during the rest of their deployment.

1 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers. I'm sure all of our prayers will be honored.

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home