Friday, May 13, 2005

Passport Adventures

Last week I opened up my passport to find that it was Still in My Maiden name and I of course booked my Airline ticket to go see Duane in my Married name..I am an idiot I know, Well actually I changed all my other Id's to my married name but forgot my passport as I never use it anymore..all that to say I Freaked out when I saw that it was still in my Maiden name as it was less then 2 weeks till I leave and couldn't leave the country without it ammended...the closest Passport agency is in Houston so I decided my only chance at getting it in time is to drive there and get it done and just pray its done in time...so Yesterday Morning I got up at 3:30a.m. and made the 41/2 hour drive to Houston, I have never done that Dallas-Houston Drive so I was a bit Nervous about getting there in time, thankfully I made it 1/2 hour early for my appt and the agent behind the counter was very understanding and had it ready in 2 hours. I was very relieved...while I was waiting for it I started talking to this guy who was waiting for his passport to be renewed, he told me he had a flight to catch to Madrid at 1p.m. (It was 10a.m. when he said this) and he realized the nite before that his Passport was expired so he got up and went to the Passport agency and begged to get in without an appt...guess someone felt his pain and let him in...And amazingly enough he got his passport in time to go catch his flight...NOW THAT IS CUTTING IT CLOSE..
Anyway on drive back to Dallas about 20 miles from our house I got pulled over by a cop, the last thing I needed yesterday, anyway he came up and said in a strong Texan accent "Ya'all know you were speeding?" I said "um not really" he said "Yea you were going 2 miles over the speed limit", I looked at him and as Tired as I was I thot for sure he must have said 20 miles over not 2 so I said "20 Miles???" I wasn't going 80 he said "No the speed limit is 60 you were going 62 " as he showed me his Speed Gun tracker..I said "are you serious, are you gonna give me a warning?" he said "No, maybe in California they don't give you a ticket for 2 miles over, but here in Texas we have a No Tolerance for speeding law". I of course was shocked and said okay, and apologized and then started laughing a bit as I was sooo tired and thot to myself "what luck I have getting pulled over for "Speeding 2 miles over the speed limit", of course everyone else was going 5-10 miles over the limit thats the way everyone drives...but I guess if they want to they will pull you over even for 2 miles over the speed limit, at least in Texas so all that to say, watch out here in the Lonestar state if you are driving, they ain't kidding when they say "Don't mess with Texas!!!"...so that was the end to my looooonnnng day!!!!

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That is just your luck. Heh! Well, make sure you get a lawyer for that one. That's 100% for sure they can get you off, 2 miles is not enough leeway. The gun could have been calibrated wrong or any number of things. They're just counting on you not contesting it. Yup, get a lawyer for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home