Monday, February 22, 2010

Well I got an "A" on my Demonstration speech this morning. My topic: "how to make irresistble chocolate chip cookies". I was gonna do the green salsa but after repeated practice with added tips it still only amounted to 3 mins and I needed a 6-min. speech.
I had a tough act to follow, my friend Evelyn did a very good speech on how to use "Cheater chopsticks" her presentation and explanation was good. The Teacher even pointed her out at the end on her "Excellent presentation/demonstration". Perhaps I will go after one of the other students in the class like Ms. Dairy princess next time.
I am happy I got an "A" just disappointed that I forgot to end with a good closing line like I had practiced repeatedly. Though I have to say my sample I passed around of the cookies went over real well.
I know an "A" is the best (I got a 94%), but I am a perfectionist and as much time and practice I put into it I shouldn't have forgotten the memorable closing line which took away some points from being 100%. Thankfully I get graded on my outline too and it was included there.

7 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Mike said...

There goes your career.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Duane and Danni said...

I know, I know I am a perfectionist plus with Math classes in my future I need to get high scores in other areas to make up for those...heh!

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So proud of you Danni---Kuddos to you for studying while juggling 2 kids

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Michael and Amy said...

So what was the closing line?

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Duane and Danni said...

Well I opened the speech with a memory and should have closed it incorporating the same thing to tie it all together!

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous claire said...

A job well done, Danni!

The worst part about any speech or presentation is always going over what you said a thousand times in your head AFTERWARDS. Boy do i know.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Duane and Danni said...

Yup thats what I do...on to the next one though Informational speech.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home