Tuesday, November 04, 2008

So I took Trei in to see the doc today as a follow up appt. But 5minutes prior to leaving the house Trei comes running up to me in the kitchen with big wide eyes saying "Mommy come, Desiree just swallowed a nail"..I stopped dead in my tracks ran into the room and looked at her and she was sitting there playing happily, not a care in the world, so I ask her " are you okay Desiree?" to which Trei replies, "No Mommy, she swallowed a little nail and its going to go down her throat all the way down to her tummy..." Of course she copies EVERYTHING he says so when I asked her again she repeated word for word what Trei said...After trying to sort the real story I just put them both in the car since we were headed to the doc anyways.
She checked Trei out and said that she doesn't hear wheezing in his lungs anymore, Praise God! But the asthmatic cough lasts for a few weeks and to give him his inhaler as needed and if the cough doesn't go away to follow up with another appt! My prayer is that this is the last of it.
Next question for her, "I think my daughter swallowed a nail, a small nail?" As per her four year old brother..So she then asks Trei what happend and he says "Oh Desiree swallowed a nail, like this..." and he shows her his fingernail...I looked at him and her and said "that wasn't the story earlier..." in any case just to be safe they took an xray and she is okay!!! I think Trei confused it with the day earlier when I had found a small nail on the floor and told them how dangerous it was. So yea, it was a bit intense there for a bit considering she told me that if she had swallowed one she'd be admitted and the surgeon would let us know our options...heh! So thank God it was just a fingernail as disgusting as that is, & not a real nail.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW intense, thank GOD it was nothing worse...

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Feli said...

OMG...freaky! Glad to hear she's fine and that Trei is doing better too. Will be keeping them him my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home